Recycle your old lights – why would we care?
The most important long term global issue the world community faces today is sustaining our growth and development in an environmentally responsible manner. We are a company committed to developing lighting solutions that accommodate your needs and reduce your costs with innovative products. When we replace your lights we want to help you meet the moral, social, environmental, and regulatory obligations through value-added services that protect people and the environment.
Our Partner – Why we chose Veolia?
When you replace your lights, the old lights are considered eWaste. We used the following criteria to select Veolia as our eWaste partner:
- Qualified to handle your business
- National Footprint
- Simplicity / Service Excellence / Features
- EPA Reporting keeps you in compliance
How Veolia met our expectations
Veolia Environmental Services North America (VESNA) helps customers in the industrial, commercial, and governmental sectors safely manage waste, ensure compliance, and maintain efficient operating processes. The company’s national service offering includes turn-key industrial cleaning and maintenance, and the treatment, recycling and disposal of hazardous and regulated wastes.
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, VESNA reported annual revenues of $1.1 billion in 2012, and has approximately 5,400 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and parts of Canada (British Columbia and Ontario).
The company’s mission is to deliver value-added services that protect people and improve the environment. It does so through its best-in-class team, unmatched knowledge and experience, and industry – leading technologies and services. Customers trust in Veolia’s long-standing safety performance and compliance ratings, including our multiple VPP-certified operations and ISO certifications.
And finally, Veolia’s safety culture includes every member of the Veolia team, from senior management to field staff. Making certain every member of the team understands the obligations it has while your lights and equipment are in their care, custody, and control was a major factor in our decision.
How Veolia met our Simplicity, Service Excellence and Features expectations
RecyclePak® service is ideal for business consumers who need to recycle everyday items that contain hazardous substances. RecyclePak® is designed to ensure safety and regulatory compliance—and to keep waste and harmful chemicals out of landfills and the environment.
Simply the Most Convenient Way to Recycle
Safe handling and disposal of items that contain hazardous substances is imperative. Veolia’s RecyclePak® services make it easy for you to stay safe and meet regulatory requirements. With RecyclePak®, you can recycle a range of quantities—from just a few compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) to a room full of florescent tubes – we handle everything with a seamless turkey, cradle to grave solution for your old lights. We dropship the packaging, shipping labels, and processing procedure right to your door. Best of all, we deliver documented proof to keep you out of trouble with the EPA and other State or Federal agencies. When your new lights are installed, simply ensure the RecyclePak® is sealed and labeled with the prepaid return shipping label provided. Please find our simple instructions and more important information here.
RecyclePak® – What you get!
- Managed Green handles all of your disposal needs with easy to use, prepaid RecyclePak® shipping containers. Clear out the eWaste (electronics, lamps, ballasts, mercury devices, and batteries) in your back room. We handle all of the details – you reclaim the space
- Convenient, on-time pickups for small and large quantities of waste materials
- Easy to follow handling and packing instructions for your electrician to follow
- Documented compliance certificates proves compliance with state and federal regulations
- Online ordering and reporting (provided compliments of Managed Green)
- Recycle a variety of mercury-containing lamps, ballasts and lighting components including:
- Straight fluorescent lamps
- Compact fluorescent lamps
- U-shaped or u-tube lamps
- Circular fluorescent lamps
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps
- Neon lamps
- LED lamps
- Shatterproof and other specialty lamps
- Crushed lamps
- PCB ballasts
- Non-PCB ballasts
- Lighting fixtures
You’re buying compliance, security, knowledge, and safety
- Fully-permitted and state licensed
- State permitted for universal waste
- Audited by federal and state regulatory agencies
- CHWMEG audited
- Meets or exceeds the standards set by the Federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Complies with the Universal Waste Rule
- Provides Contractors Operations and Professional Services protection (COPS)
- Maintains excess umbrella coverage to protect against liability
- Offers technical expertise in hazardous waste, including compliance management solutions and training.
- Company owned and an audited network of approved third-party transporters
- Customer support and a nationwide network of experienced representatives working to deliver service excellence in your local area
Call for pricing or send disposal requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org